Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Braebrook's What A Luxury

I am posting a recap of the Island Circuit of dog shows, but I have decided to do several posts each focusing on a different dog, because if I put them all in the same post it would be so long and picture heavy. I think this will be much better.

Let's start with Lincoln. Lincoln is from our litter born in January sired by Ch Algerland Action Hero LegacyK FDJ and out of BISS Ch LegacyK LibertyReigns Braebrook FDJ CGN. He has been  happily enjoying being a puppy with his owners Steve, Stephanie and their son Cedric. Lincoln (who's puppy name was Spot because of the spot at the base of his tail) was sold as a show potential puppy and when his owners brought him by for a visit I was thrilled to see how he was coming along. I was most impressed by how good he was on his feet, especially for not even being quite six months of age. We decided that since I was going to be showing dogs on the Island circuit that we would enter Lincoln and I would take him along too. Once we had him entered we managed to squeeze in one show handling class (he hadn't been stacked since he left here) where he jumped around and fought the lead but then eventually settled and showed that beautiful easy gait I had seen at my house when he came by to visit, and then we headed out on the road. I'm so glad his owners entrusted him to me to be shown as I know it's hard to have your baby gone so long (the circuit is nine days...three in Campbell River, three in Courtenay and three in Victoria). It was an adventure as some days he didn't want to stand still and other days he was a rockstar.

And look what happened when he was a rockstar! He won two best puppy in groups and picked up his first five points (you need 10 for a championship) and all after turning just six months old the day before the circuit started.


I am very excited about this puppy and think his future is very bright. Please excuse his tongue sticking out in this picture...I actually think it shows his personality perfectly.


This puppy's forte is his movement. Beautifully balanced, free and easy, with hardly any effort.


He really covers ground.


Also from the Hero x Libby breeding, Beans (Braebrook's This Is How We Do) made her show debut in Calgary the same weekend as the circuit here started and picked up her first four points and a best puppy in group win. The Alberta Kennel Club show is a huge show (one of the biggest in Canada) so this was no small feat. Huge congrats to Beans and her owner Claire, I'm so proud of you two!



Stay tuned for the next update which will feature our handsome fawn Doberboy Bo!


No comments:

Post a Comment