Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy belated birthday to the Dirk x London litter!

The Dirk x London litter turned six years old at the beginning of this month, and how cute is this picture of Ch Braebrook's Coco Chanel Holmrun (middle) at her birthday party??


This litter boasts five champions including two winners at the DPCC National Specialty, and a CGN. There is also one other who is closing in on his championship which would bring the total to six.

Coco who is pictured above was the puppy I kept and while I had her I bred her twice, once to Ch Holmrun's Fred Astaire which resulted in three puppies who all finished their championships, one is a multi BPIG winner, a BPIS winner and a group placer, another is a Can/Am Ch who finished with three majors on specialty weekends in the US and is a BPIG and group placer in Canada and the third has his CGN, his pre novice obedience title and is training in tracking. Coco's second litter was with BPISS Ch Holmrun's Play for Keeps which resulted in a multi BPIG winner and some excellent companions one of which is Soter, the red boy pictured on the right side of Coco.
Occasionally if the right home comes a long I will place an adult while they are still in their prime. Jay and Sherri who owned Soter had already proven themselves an exemplary home so Coco going to live out her life with them was a no brainer. I know she is loved beyond measure and they fully indulge me with the best updates and photos on a regular basis.
Both Coco and Soter are currently training to become tracking dogs. They live where competing in dog sports is very difficult geographically but Sherri continues to persevere and make it happen and I'm so proud of them.

Here are a couple of videos she has shared with me and agreed to share with you too .

This is only Soter's third track ever and as you can see he's very keen! I can't believe he manages to concentrate so well with those crows in the background.


And here's Coco's third track:


I know I always say it but I'm so thankful for the photos, videos and updates that my puppy people send...please keep them coming! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment