Thursday, April 24, 2014

DPCC National and BCDPC Regional Specialty recap


I had been looking forward to the National weekend for so long and had such a good time! I only went for two days (Sat and Sun) of the six days of showing as I find six days is just too much....I get too tired! 
Chris had Friday off of work because of the holiday so before leaving we had a fun Easter egg hunt and gifties for the kiddies. I had a nice leisurely morning with a bit of a sleep in, slow packing which I love because then I know I haven't forgotten anything and a delicious breakfast. 

I got on the 3:15 ferry to take me to the mainland where I found the main road had been changed. There is now a highway 17 that skirts around all the traffic and congestion and easily hooks up with Hwy 1 to Chilliwack, I love it...everything is fast and straightforward.

I stayed at the Coast Chilliwack, a hotel I have stayed at a couple of times in the past and they are wonderful....attentive, very welcoming to the dogs and have a fantastic big grassy area right beside them which is perfect for walking dogs.


I think Hadley has been spending too much time with Libby...she thinks she's a bird dog! These Mallard ducks were everywhere!


Saturday was the BCDPC Regional Specialty and Am/Can Ch Braebrook's Remy Martin "Remy" showed very well and was Select Dog. Look at that handsome face...how could you deny him??


That evening we had a celebratory drink in the hotel bar and look at this....all the cognacs lined up together just like my boys! Hennesy is Bravo, Courvoisier is Cooper and Remy of course is pictured above. I thought that was kind of cool. :)


I was not very good about taking pictures this weekend so don't have very much to share in the way of candids...I was just too busy showing and socializing!

The DPCC National Specialty didn't have a huge entry this year but it was a good group and we all had a lot of fun. Lots of people attended the dinner with the judges which was a great opportunity to meet people you haven't met before and to catch up with those you have, it's one of my favourite things about specialties.

Remy again showed well and pick up an Award of Merit.



 And since we are talking about Remy I also have to share his New American Champion photo...didn't it turn out great?


Esquire's Haiku "Hadley" also did well. She started out a little rusty but did get better and was Reserve Winners Bitch at the National Specialty.


I particularly like this candid taken by Jolie Janssen.


I'm also very happy and proud to share that Bravo's son Coup (Ch Boland Coup de Foudre Holmrun CD RE) was High in Trial at the BCDPC obedience trial.


All in all a really fun weekend.

I want to say thank you so much to everyone who made it out to the show to say hello, it was so nice to meet you all, I'm going to have some very lucky upcoming puppies. :)

Speaking of puppies, Enya's x ray date is May 3rd. I'll post a picture just before, and I'd love to hear your guesses as to how many.





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mariah and Remy!!! We are guessing Enya will be the proud mother of 5 beautiful babies. Toni/Errol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a picture even! I hope you're right! ;)

      Delete