Monday, March 7, 2016

Changes Are Coming


Hello friends,
 I know that my posts have been a bit sporadic as of late and I also know that my GSP puppy people are waiting on photos (very soon, I promise) but I wanted to let you know of some changes coming to Braebrook. The biggest being that we are taking a big step back. The kids are getting to the age where I spend a good deal of time on their activities (driving, volunteering, homework, lessons etc etc etc...)  which of course means much less time for dog activities. The other big part of this decision has been the cropping ban in BC. This has been a big blow to purebred dog breeders as a whole and of course cropped breeds in particular. Getting across the border into Washington for these procedures is getting more and more difficult and with the dollar exchange being as awful as it is, it also makes cropping across the border very cost prohibitive. Alberta is even farther away as far as travel and the cost of cropping there is even higher. It doesn't leave a lot of options. This has been a very difficult decision to make and we are not leaving the breed completely, but this will be the last year we are heavily involved. You can find information on our 2016 litters on our website shortly so please stayed tuned for that and thank you to those who are already on our puppy wait list, we have some very special babies arriving soon.

Because we have decided to step back we do have some young Dobermans available that otherwise would not be. We also have a couple of adults that will be available to retirement homes a little later in the year.

Braebrook's Varekai "Dusty" just turned a year old last month. She is sired by our Argentina import Am Ch Backbone Harrison Ford and out of our sweet Braebrook's Pellegrino Marsala CGN who is a daughter of our Australian import Ch Modadobe Sunset Dreaming. Dusty is a sweet, outgoing and happy girl, gets along very well with other dogs and is happy to work for you. She is a very pretty moving bitch and is easy to put together in a stack (don't mind her lip in this pic...it got curled under when I was feeding her a treat and I didn't realize it stayed that way!). She is available to a show/performance home on a co ownership.


Ch Braebrook's Revolution "Ryan" will be two years old in June. She is sired by BISS Am Ch Gallant's First and Foremost v Ciden ROM WAC and out of our Australian import Ch Modadobe Sunset Dreaming. She is bitch that needs a job to do so would do well in a performance home that keeps her busy mind engaged. She finished her championship with multiple group placements and is a lovely, clean moving and very typey bitch. She is available on a co ownership.



Inquires are welcome at braebrookdobes@yahoo.ca


8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh my gosh...Dusty AND Ryan???? You're killing me here! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah - we are so very sorry you are being pushed (g..d..... do gooders!) away from dobes. Where will we go to get a new girl in 12-14 years? Toni/Errol/Khaleesi/Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'll help you find something when the time comes...or perhaps a Smooth?? ;)

      Delete
  3. OMGosh what beautiful girls!!! Would love to know more??? You can email me at ItsWhisp@yahoo.com . Would love to find out about your co ownership. I have a 6 month old red female right now that will be going into the show ring in both UKC and AKC starting in May. Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Feel free to email me at braebrookdobes@yahoo.ca for more information. :)

      Delete
  4. Nightflight DobermansMarch 8, 2016 at 6:48 AM

    I totally understand I too being in Ontario know our time is limited here as well as much as I love my breed I to will throw in the towel once I cant C/D anymore .. as sad as it is I feel the breed will pretty much be gone as we know them and fear seeing so many more unwanted puppies out there leaving breeders very little options . good luck to you with your future litters this year enjoy them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very sad time for us as breeders and for purebred dogs. I'll enjoy the babies this year and think good thoughts that Ontario hangs on as long as possible!

      Delete