Monday, October 29, 2012

LMDF show update

 I just arrived home yesterday evening from four days of showing dogs at the Lower Mainland Dog Fanciers show at the Tradex in Abbotsford BC. This is the biggest show in Canada and always brings in a large entry and many of the top dogs in the country. As a plus, it's also filmed for TV so be sure to keep your eye out for it on TSN.
 I'm very happy to report that it was a successful weekend and I had so much fun catching up with friends. It was a tiring weekend (long days and minimal sleep at night), but I really did enjoy myself.

First the show results:
 Ch Braebrook's Remy Martin "Remy" was there as a special (a dog being shown who already has his championship) and took three best of breed wins as well as a fourth in a very strong working group. Remy is owned by Joyce and Lindsey who spoil him to no end, I should be so lucky!

We also have a new champion! Ch Braebrook's Mission Impossible "Tommy" was best of winners all but the first day when his puppy shenanigans got the better of him and he just couldn't stand still. Tommy is only ten months old and this was his second weekend in the ring. I expect great things from this boy as he matures. He is sired by Remy (mentioned above - and making him Remy's first champion offspring) and out of Am/Can Ch United's First Edition "Safi". Tommy is owned by Larry, Sarah and Zack and they have done a great job raising him to be a strong and confident puppy.

Here is a cute shot that I posted to Instagram (search braebrook if you would like to follow me), who could resist that handsome face!?


And a shot of him in the ring as the judge comes in for the exam.



I was also able to see a lovely boy who is sired by our Ch Braebrook's Hennessy "Bravo". Boland's Coup de Foudre Holmrun "Coup" is out of Am/Can Ch Holmrun's Bo Coup and turned a year just a few days before this picture was taken. Coup needs just four more points to finish his championship.



And there is also some non Doberman news to report. This lovely little girl is Libby. She is a German Shorthaired Pointer bred by my friend Nancibeth Koutstaal in Ontario. She recently joined the Braebrook crew and has been fitting in very well. I always knew I would have a shorthair again (it was the breed I started with when I first started showing/breeding dogs) and the timing was right when Nancibeth offered her to me. Her reg'd name is LegacyK LibertyReigns Braebrook. I'm looking forward to getting back to showing in the sporting group again.




2 comments:

  1. Wooohoooooo what a fantastic weekend...thank you so much for showing Tommy for us, getting him ready for the show, and just letting us have such an amazing dog! He's pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Sarah! He's a delight and you guys are a wonderful home! :)

      Delete