Sunday, September 3, 2017

Happy Labour Day Weekend!

Hello! Wow, it's been ten months since I have written a blog post, and the break was very much needed. I have been solely focused on my family and just enjoying the dogs as pets so there hasn't really been anything much to post. My focus does of course remain on my family but Fiona and I have been playing around in Barn Hunt and hopefully we'll be ready to trial in the not too distant future. Fiona has actually caught and killed a couple of mice here at home but she isn't quite as sure of herself in the Barn Hunt environment. I try to stay back from her for the most part and let her figure it out, with only the occasional gentle word of encouragement.



I do have a bit of show news, in that our Ch Braebrook's Bill finished his championship in just five days at ten months of age. Bill finished in a big way too, winning a third in the terrier group as well as a best puppy in group. He is from our breeding of BISS/BIS Am/Can Ch Broxden Dress for Success CGN "Sebastian" x Am Ch Lil'itch Skylarke "Fiona".

Here he is pictured with handler and co owner Heidi:




We do have some breeding plans in the works for this fall, and I'm excited to share the news once things have become a little more solidified so stay tuned for that!

I hope you are having a wonderful Labour Day Weekend and getting that last hurrah in, or last bit of summer relaxing in before the kiddies head back to school and schedules and routines come back into place. We are taking it easy around here this weekend, sleeping in, doing a bit of yard work, and figuring out lunches, clothes etc for Tuesday. I can't believe summer break is over, I always miss the kids when they go back to school. It will give me a bit more time to train dogs though. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment