Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I know I am actually writing this blog entry on January third, but because New Years Day fell on a Saturday this year it didn't really feel like the New Year started until today.
I feel like 2011 is going to be a good year. There are lots of good things planned for the dogs and Braebrook, the biggest one being an impending move. Now if only the house would sell and we could get that plan in motion...... It will happen, I just have to be patient. Living in limbo can be difficult. You don't really want to do anything permanent as you could be moving at any time, so you just live each day as tidy as you can, ready to pack up kids and dogs at a moments notice for a house showing. I will be glad when it's done!
I have my first dog show of the year coming up at the end of this month. I am looking forward to getting back in the ring. I haven't shown a dog since June when I finished Phoebe's championship at the Nanaimo Kennel Club dog show. That is a long time for me, but with the things that are planned for this year I think it will be a good thing that I rested up. ;)
There are two exciting breedings planned for Braebrook this year. I am still sorting out stud dogs etc, but will post the information to the website once I have made my final decision. I have several people on a wait list already so if you might be interested in a puppy please send me an e-mail or give me a call so we can get the ball rolling.
Must run and feed the hounds. I was up at 6am this morning as part of my New Years resolution of "early to bed, early to rise and get more outdoor exercise". Yes, I know it rhymes, but it makes it easier to repeat to myself. ;) I'm watching the sun rise as I type this so I am on the right track.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday and has lots of great things planned for 2011.
I leave you with this quote from Walt Disney: "If you can dream it, you can do it".
Not a bad quote to start the New Year with.

No comments:

Post a Comment